Salesforce CRM review
Are you looking for the perfect CRM that fits your need? You're about to find out if Salesforce is the CRM for you!
If you're wondering what is a CRM, then head over to find out why you need a CRM! 🤗
What is Salesforce ?
Who is Salesforce CRM for?
In theory, Salesforce can be used by all companies, regardless of their size. A special offer dedicated to SMBs, Essentials, is available for €25/user/month.
However, the complexity of the platform makes it difficult to learn and integrate for teams that are not used to using a CRM.
On the other hand, Salesforce is really a must-have for larger (and more experienced) teams who can really take advantage of all the features and options offered.
Salesforce's key features
Salesforce offers a myriad of features designed to bring businesses and consumers together. The tools are so numerous, and constantly evolving, that it's very easy to get lost if you're not familiar with the software 🥺 So we're going to try to break down and demystify Salesforce's products and services to help you determine whether or not this CRM platform is right for you.
To simplify, there are 3 main applications in Salesforce: Sales Cloud for salespeople, Marketing Cloud for the marketing team, Service Cloud for customer support. Each of these applications syncs to the others to support collaboration and communication between teams.
Granted, the Salesforce ecosystem is made up of many other tools, integrations and add-ons, but if you're in the market for a CRM, these are the three main ones you'll want to look at.
Remember to customize the content of the records in your Salesforce CRM! Indeed, depending on your activity, you might need to list some specific information about your business. This is why Salesfroce offers "custom fields". With these, you will be able to better filter, prioritize and segment your contacts. 🎯
However, here's an overview of the main uses:
- Opportunity management: From lead to convert, the pipeline allows you to track the progress of your leads at every stage. This allows you to precisely identify the actions to take based on the phase they are at in your sales cycle. But also to better prioritize your efforts according to the importance of the accounts. This pipeline is customizable so you can adapt it to your own sales process.
- Quote management: Salesforce allows you to create and send quotes directly from your CRM. A huge time saver for salespeople, since once you've set up the pricing for your products/services, this feature automates the entire process. Salesforce is one of the only CRM tools to offer this feature natively, without integrating a third-party tool.
- Individual and team organization: Salesforce has designed various tools to help Sales better organize on a daily basis. The sales pipeline to prioritize accounts, smart appointment management, email synchronization, etc. Sales Cloud condenses and connects all the tools that salespeople use on a daily basis.
- Sales reporting and forecasting: Salesforce is particularly powerful in analytics. Sales Cloud generates all kinds of reports that will give you detailed insights into the state of your business as well as insightful predictive analysis.
Pardot is a solution specializing in automation for B2B marketing, acquired by Salesforce in 2013. This application is now a leader in marketing automation. It allows to:
- Generate leads: Collect leads via forms that can be added on your website (the data will automatically be added to your contacts in your CRM). Then qualify your leads via a scoring system to better filter, prioritize and adapt the customer journey.
- Email marketing: Pardot allows you to create and send emailing campaigns and to program email sequences (to do Cold Email or onboard your customers, for example). You create, send, manage and follow the performance of your emails directly through the platform.
Of course, the analysis tools allow you to follow the ROI of your marketing actions at any time.
Salesforce CRM for Customer Success: Service Cloud
Service Cloud allows your Customer Service to optimize your relationship with prospects and customers. Once again, the tool is so powerful, that the possibilities are almost endless.
Let's take a closer look at the main benefits of the application, which could truly change the life of your Customer Support teams:
- Data centralization: Providing customer service inside a CRM allows for greater efficiency on queries. Indeed, customer service has access to all the necessary data to better respond to the problems of each person. The exchanges are therefore personalized and more informed.
- Interactions on all channels: Service Cloud allows you to connect and interact with your prospects and customers on all the channels they use to contact you. Social networks, phone calls, emails, live chat, etc. Everything is centralized on the platform!
- Automation: Salesforce allows you to automate certain actions to save your Customer Success department time while improving the quality of service. Automatically assigning a ticket based on the expertise and availability of team members, setting up workflows adapted to your internal processes, etc. The possibilities are endless.
The Salesforce app
Integrate your tools with Salesforce
Pros and Cons of Salesforce CRM
✅ Salesforce is (really) very comprehensive. The number of features, tools, options offered is incomparable with other solutions. Moreover, the CRM offers a very large number of integrations. You will find absolutely EVERYTHING you need.
✅ Due to its leading position, Salesforce is very well known and documented, and many people use it. This makes it easy to onboard and train teams. In addition, you will find a multitude of tutorials, forums and articles in case of a glitch, or if you want to push your use of this CRM even further.
✅ Salesforce is very strong in analytics. The capabilities of Tableau (formerly Einstein Analytics) are impressive and what Salesforce is known for. Using AI, it can generate sales predictions and analyze your data in depth. Good to know: it is a paid option between 75€ and 150€/user/month depending on the version chosen.
❌ Salesforce is a complex tool to get started with. It requires integration by an integrator, and proper training for team members who have not yet learned how to use it.
❌ What makes Salesforce strong is the fact that it is ultra-customizable. But this strength tends to backfire on the user who may feel lost among all the possibilities offered by the platform. Salesforce is definitely not a software for beginners!
❌ The price is high which makes it very unprofitable for small businesses that opt for the basic plans (which are therefore less feature rich). Finally, there are many "hidden" costs: integration, implementation, adding options, etc.
Dropcontact x Salesforce integration
Dropcontact allows you to automatically clean and enrich the data in your CRM:
💚 Enrichment and automatic cleaning of contact records: adding or correcting the email address, arranging the information in the right fields, adding the business phone number, adding the civility, correcting special characters, etc.
💚 Enrichment and cleaning of company records: addition of website, business sector, employee range, postal address, etc.
💚 Automatic detection and intelligent merging of duplicates
Every time you add or edit a contact, their record is automatically processed by Dropcontact so that you always have all the necessary, and up-to-date, information.
Your data will never be outdated again! Dropcontact works thanks to an algorithm that updates your contacts' information in real time. No database with outdated or questionable information. Moreover, this method guarantees that Dropcontact is 100% GRPD compliant!